Cowabunga! It’s July 12th and Cow Appreciation Day!
Cows are beyond cool. They are bovine.
I admit to being a cow aficionado. I grew up mucking about on our neighbor’s farm. Later in life I lived across from a dairy farm for twelve years. I udderly came to appreciate the wonder of this animal. To chew green grass and deliver creamy milk is marvelous.
The close proximity of cows inspired me to create a book that celebrates the cow with over 100 cow jokes with some stuff and nonsense thrown in. No publishers yet are interested. I remain hopeful that they will eventually realize my book, while not Pulitzer Prize material, is outstanding in its field.
To celebrate the cow here are some riddles to help you appreciate the cow:
1.What’s green and black and white all over?
A field with cows.
- What did Old MacDonald say when the cow stepped on his foot?
- What did Old MacDonald say when the cows began to stampede?
“Aaugh, I’m having a herd attack!”
- What did he say after the stampede?
“Cows should be seen and not herd.”
- How did the farmer divide up his herd of cows?
He decided between the calves and the calve-nots.
- What did the farmer say to the old cow?
“It’s time you retired. You’re pasture your prime.”
7. Why do you call a pregnant cow?
8. What do you call a cow that isn’t pregnant?
9. Why did the cow jump over the moon?
The farmer had cold hands.
10. Why did the farmer install bee hives in his pasture?
He wanted to live in the land of milk and honey.
Celebrate the cow today. If a hug isn’t possible, then an ice cream cone is acceptable.