Cow Appreciation Day!
For those who follow my postings, you know I appreciate cows. Today is their day. Yup, July 13 is National Cow Appreciation Day.
To celebrate the cow here are a few facts:
DID YOU KNOW?
- There are around 200,000 glasses of milk in a cow? That’s a lifetime estimate.
- A mature cow weighs about 1,400 lbs, and stands about 5 feet tall.
- A calf can walk within one hour of being born.
- A Holstein cow’s spots are unique. No two cows have the same pattern.
- Cows don’t sweat. They need to live in cool weather.
- By hand you can milk about six cows in an hour or you can milk sixty cows with one person and fourteen machines.
- Cows get really thirsty during the day. They drink close to thirty gallons worth of water, which is about a bathtub’s worth.
- Cows can eat a lot as well. On a typical day a single cow can eat nine pounds of hay and thirty-five pounds of mixed grasses and grains. They also consume over twenty pounds of mixed grains, salt, vitamins, and minerals throughout the day. No wonder they need so much water!
- Cows are boney. There are two hundred and seven bones in one cow. Humans have about the same amount of bones. Hmmm…
Bonus! Here are some cow jokes:
- What’s green and black and white all over?
A field with cows.
- What did Old MacDonald say when the cow stepped on his foot?
- What did Old MacDonald say when the cows began to stampede?
“Aaugh, I’m having a herd attack!”
- What did he say after the stampede?
“Cows should be seen and not herd.”
* How did the farmer divide up his herd of cows?
He decided between the calves and the calve-nots.
* What did the farmer say to the old cow?
“It’s time you retired. You’re pasture your prime.”
So today when you reach for that glass of milk or spoon up your yogurt or nibble a cheese slice or revel into your ice cream confectionery, salute the cow. The world would not be the same without this udderly marvelous animal.
I’ve always thought cows were fascinating animals. The cow facts are great. 30 gallons of water a day—Wow!
I have to share this cow post with you I wrote about a guy who brought his cow to school. He was brilliant. https://petespringerauthor.wordpress.com/2020/05/26/a-funny-memory/
Next a guest speaker brings a cow to class I will remember this crowd control tactic. Here’s a bonus joke for you: Why are cows always in the know? They heard the news on the bovine.
🤣🤣🤣 We sang We Heard it Through the Grapevine one year at our school talent show with lots of dance moves—nothing like a bunch of out of their element teachers trying to be cool.
Ah, yes. The staff talent show. Once upon a time we had those. So much fun!
Cow Appreciation Day!
They are part of the reason I now eat as a vegan:)
They are an inspiration in many ways 🐄