Take Your Next Poem to Lunch
Silently mulling over the words, she reflected in her repose as she drank deeply of the healing verse before her….
Really, poetry doesn’t have to be all artsy, angsty to be enjoyed. The reflective part is okay, but honestly, poetry can be much more rewarding as an outward expression through sharing. During Poetry Month try some of these verse interactivities:
1. Randomly leave a poem around the office or break room.
2. Pack poems in your lunch for at least a week–you know, a read ’em and eat kind of thing
3. Sign off your signature with a line from a favorite poem
4. Use a poem for a bookmark
5. Memorize a poem–one you don’t know (Robert Frost won’t mind this time)
6. Read up about a poet–most have led amazing lives
7.Watch a movie with poems–I suggest Dead Poets Society
8. Chalk poems on the sidewalk
9. Attach a poem to a balloon and release it
10. Revisit a poem–has it changed in meaning for you?