Have You Thanked a Teacher Today?
I know I am banging my own drum since I am a teacher. Yet, I want to recognize how teachers have affected my own life, and if you stop and give it some thought, somewhere along the way a teacher made a difference in your life. If you can read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and point out where Taiwan is on the map, you more than likely can thank a teacher for that ability.
NOTE: Teachers aren’t only found in the classroom. Parents are teachers. Siblings are teachers. Community leaders like those who invest their time in Scouts and 4H are teachers. I see teachers as those individuals who impart a skill, a value, an idea to others. I’ve had some amazing teachers along the way, and because learning is something that is a life long adventure I know I will have many other teachers in my life. Sometimes I even learn something from my students.
So–have you thanked a teacher today?
Looking to be inspired or be reminded of teachers and their impact upon our lives? Consider one these books (Barnes and Noble images):
- “If Teachers Were Treated Like Celebrities!” 2012 Version (oldschoolteach.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Forget!! Last Minute Teacher Appreciation Gifts~ (etquecette.com)
- It’s Teacher Appreciation Week, Tell Us Who Influenced You (fox8.com)
- National Teacher Appreciation Week (englishwithdickandjane.wordpress.com)
- ‘Teachers Make’ A Difference, What About You? (wnyc.org)
Pingback: Political demobilization of Afghan teachers | No More Tears