Inspiration. It’s a noun that can mean:
- Stimulation to do creative work.
- Somebody or something that inspires
- Good idea
- Divine influence
- Breathing in
As a synonym you’ll find:
There is also:
Therefore, to receive nomination for Very Inspiring Blogger causes me to pause and reflect–Do I? Inspiration is one of those words I take seriously, which means I shall endeavor to make sure my posting are up to snuff. Letizia passed on this nomination to me and I am quite appreciative. Letizia is an active reader, meaning she reads whenever she can. She is working on reading and walking at the same time–something I’m hoping to do. Kind of like Keira Knightley in the opening of Pride and Prejudice. Walking and reading a book combines two great loves: the outdoors and absorbing words via written page. Delicious. When I finish reading a good book, especially a wonderful book, I want to get up and run off all the stored up energy from absorbing words, ideas, and the connection of writer to reader. So, if I could walk and read at the same time–my, that would be just about perfect.
Now, on to award requirements. I must nominate seven blogs which inspire and then list seven things about myself:
Seven blogs: (envelope please)
1. https://valerierlawson.wordpress.com/about/ : A YA writer, she doesn’t mind sharing her passion about writing via hot tips about the publishing scene. I like her enthusiasm and stamina when it comes to writing.
2. http://readncook.wordpress.com/: As a teacher her honesty about the profession inspires me because she reminds me that each student is an individual person, and as a teacher I will impact that student.
3. http://newsofthetimes.org/ : Taking on topics of all kinds, she makes me think about issues.
4. http://literarytiger.wordpress.com/ : She freely admits judging a book by its cover. We’ve had fun keeping up on our reading lists.
5. http://eagleeyededitor.wordpress.com/ : Another reader of merit. She mixes it up topic-wise and I always enjoy her witty comments and replies.
6. http://pastorjeffcma.wordpress.com/author/pastorjeffcma/ : Pastor Jeff is willing to freely discuss his faith and issues in an open and engaging manner.
7. http://shelovesreading.wordpress.com/author/lauralovesreading/ : A self-professed bookworm, she reminds me that rereading old treasures is a pursuit of happiness.
As for seven things about me:
1. Adore snoozing in my backyard hammock on a middling to warm day with a bit of breeze wisping about
2. Love old Hollywood: the Hepburns, Cary Grant, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck…
3. I read picture books when no one is looking.
4. Eating raspberries as I pick them fresh off the vine on a summer morning is the best way to start a day, in my opinion
5. Playing badminton is THE way to spend a summer evening
6. Do not put cucumbers in my salad, thank you very much
7. Blogging has become a tempered addiction for me